The Wessex AF Flail Mowers, in 1.2 and 1.6m working widths, have been developed to meet the needs of contractors, farmers and estate owners. They are well suited for controlling dense vegetation, ie brambles, bracken and long grass and for the maintenance of forestry and woodland areas.
Triple Belt Drive for Unbeatable Performance and Reliability
The manual clutch and 3 high torque belts allows the Wessex AF flail mower to perform in arduous conditions without the inherent overheating problems associated with a centrifugal clutch.
|Working width (m)||1.2m||1.6m|
|Overall width c/w side wheels||1.83||2.23m|
|Overall width c/w rear/4 wheels||1.46m||1.86m|
|Cutting Height range||10-160mm||10-160mm|
|Approx weight c/w side wheels||280kg||320kg|
|No. flails (pairs)||32||44|
- Benefits of the AF Series:-
- 5mm Deck - Shot blasted and powder coated for durability
- Swivelling ball hitch - Satisfies Health and Safety recommendations
- Turn Buckle on the Drawbar - Levels the machine for an even cut
- Drawbar can be offset to either side - Cut outside of the quad wheels
- Kill Switch Clips to the Rack of the ATV - Emergency stop within easy reach of the operator
- Screw Adjustor - Simple height adjustment
- Powerful 18HP V-Twin Engine - Ample power for demanding applications
- Manual Engagement Clutch - Efficient power transmission without overheating
- Rear Anti Scalp Roller - Eliminates scalping in rough conditions
- Y-Pattern Flails - Excellent mulching capabilities when cutting very long and dense vegitation
- 3 High Torque Belts - Excellent power transmission
- 16 x 8.50-8 Tyres as Standard - (22 x 11-8 flotation tyres as an option)
- Front Rubber Flap - Eliminates projectiles being thrown out in front of the machine
REAR WHEEL OPTION /
Required if the machine is to cut close to fences and borders, or if the overall width is critical due to narrow access.
The rear wheel option is available on the 1.2m version. I'm this configuration significant weight is transferred onto the drawbar, therefore the user must check the drawbar capacity of the towing vehicle. When fitted with rear wheels, the AF has a screw jack on the drawbar to aid connecting to the towing vehicle.
FOUR WHEEL OPTION /
The AF is also available with four wheels. This unique option gives the best of both worlds as all wheels are within the width of the machine and the drawbar weight is minimal.
Also all the weight is on the four wheels, the drawbar is floating and therefore no weight is transferred to the ball hitch. The front wheels are fully castoring eliminating scuffing of the tyres when turning.
FLOTATION TYRES /
Machines with side wheels also have the option of 22x11-8 flotation tyres as an alternative to the standard grass tyres.
Ideal for working in boggy and low lying areas, the flotation tyres allow an ATV and a Wessex flail to operate in areas inaccessible to a tractor.